Who We Are
The Partnership for a Healthy Ventura County is a partnership driven network that includes representatives from Ventura County Public Health, community organizations, direct health service providers, food security organizations, schools, local area businesses, and government agencies. We come together to share resources and promote policies and services for the sake of a healthy Ventura County.
What We Do:
- Create community led change by working with local partners to build a culture of active living and healthy eating
- Advocate for policies and environmental changes that support healthy eating and active living
- Work with community organizations to prevent and reduce obesity
- Conduct social marketing on health issues related to nutrition and physical activity
- Provide a forum for discussing obesity prevention and health campaigns
- Help local organizations, schools, and workplaces to develop wellness policies
- Provide training seminars on obesity prevention
The Partnership for a Healthy Ventura County meets the 1st Thursday of the Month from 8:30-10:00 a.m. It is an open round table forum where we share information, resources and develop community partnerships. We actively welcome public participation as we create community led change.
You are welcome to join us or one of our working groups. Annually, each committee nominates local organizations for the Ventura County Champions for Change awards, where we recognize those that are using their power to help communities prevent serious health problems.
- Healthy Youth and Schools
- Healthy Communities
- Healthy Workforce
For more information, contact:
email@example.com or call Sara Rivera at (805) 981-6657.