Poblanos Stuffed with Vegetables
- 4 poblano peppers
- Nonstick olive oil spray
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil chopped
- 4 tbsp. crumbled fresh cheese
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 4 chives thinly sliced
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 package (8 oz) mushrooms chopped
- Heat the resistance above the oven (broiler). Line a broiler with aluminum foil. Spray some oil spray on the foil. Put the poblanos on top and roast 4 inches from the resistor, turning them occasionally, until they are soft and slightly singed, about 8 minutes.
- Place the poblanos in a resealable plastic bag; Remove the air and close the bag. Let stand 15 minutes. Leave the oven on.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Pour the mushrooms, carrot, spring onions, garlic, salt, and sauté, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat. Add the basil and stir.
- Meanwhile, peel the poblanos. Make a cut to create a pocket and remove the seeds. Fill each pepper with a quarter of the mushroom mixture and pour over 1 tbsp. cheese.
- Roast the stuffed poblanos, 4 inches from the resistor, until the filling heats up and the cheese begins to melt, about 4 minutes.